This Privacy Notice applies to this website ("Website") operated by Margaritaville Vacation Club by Wyndham, Inc. ("MGVC", "we", "us" or "our").
This online Privacy Notice describes the types of information we collect from you, how we use the information, with whom we share it and how you can update the information you have provided to us through this Website. "Information" includes "personal information" which by itself or combined with other information (such as your name, address, job title or e-mail address) could identify you. The information you provide helps us to operate effectively and continually provide you with the best hospitality products, services and experiences.
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of any information we collect from visitors to this Website. Our privacy practices may vary among the countries in which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements. Please read the following to learn more about our privacy practices.
NOTICE TO TIMESHARE OWNERS/FINANCING CUSTOMERS: You may receive a separate notice regarding "Your Financial Privacy" by mail. If this Website provides you the ability to access your account online, and you agree to receive annual notices online, we will provide you with annual notices through this Website. Further, if we provide you with updated notices online, we will require you to acknowledge receipt of the updated notice through this Website or another identified Website.
How Is Your Information Collected?
1. Visitors to this Website provide us with their information in several ways including:
- When registering as a Website user;
- When requesting information about our products or services or those of our business partners or third party suppliers (further details on this are in "How do we use your information?" below);
- By making payments for products or services purchased from us or our third-party suppliers or business partners;
- By entering competitions, sweepstakes or other promotions;
- When contacting our customer support teams, including requesting information from us;
- By using this Website’s blogs, message boards, chat rooms or by participating in our online surveys; and/or
- By providing a story, testimonial, rating or review.
2. Other Ways Your Information Is Collected:
- One of the purposes of cookies is to simplify the use of the Website. A cookie may save a user’s login details for example, so that the user does not need to login every time. Cookies, by themselves, do not provide us with your personal information unless you have provided us with your prior consent to such use.
- Cookies may be either "persistent" or "temporary" (or "session") cookies. A persistent cookie retains user preferences for a particular Website allowing those preferences to be used in future browsing sessions and remains valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A temporary cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies are also used for statistical or marketing purposes, to determine how the Website is used. These cookies are provided by us and may be provided by third parties (e.g., advertising partners). While we do not control or have access to the advertiser cookies we may permit those cookies to be used on this Website to facilitate tailored advertising and to monitor patterns of buying specific goods or interest in - for example, holidays or hobbies. These cookies run advertisements tailored to the user based on his online buying habits. .
Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to help us get a better understanding of how visitors use this Website. The information generated by the Google Analytics cookie about your use of this Website is transmitted to and stored by Google on its servers in the United States.
- Google uses this information to evaluate the use of this Website by visitors to it, compiling reports on Website activity for us and providing other services relating to internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
- If you do not want your activity on this Website to be tracked by Google Analytics, you may opt out by using this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
- Social Media: We may collect publicly available information from social media sites such Facebook, Twitter and Google and other Websites, applications and search engines.
Google + 1 "Plus" button: This Website may use the Google ‘+1’ button, which is owned by the social network run by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States ("Google"). The button is indicated by the ‘+1’ symbol on a white or colored background.
- When users visit a web page on a Website that has such a button, the browser establishes a direct connection with Google’s servers. The contents of the '+1' button are directly communicated to the user's browser by Google and integrated from there into the Website. We therefore have no influence on the amount and scope of data that Google collects with the '+1' button. According to Google, no personal data will be collected if the user does not click on the button. Such data, including the IP address, will only be collected and processed from logged-in members.
- Information about the purpose and scope of the data collection, the further processing and use of this data by Google, the relevant rights and the various settings which can protect users' privacy can be found in Google's privacy policies concerning the '+1' button at http://www.google.com/intl/en/+/policy/+1button.html and in the FAQ at http://bit.ly/r3Qmer.
- If the user is a Google Plus member and does not want Google to collect his data when accessing this Website and to connect it with the member data collected by Google, the user must log out of Google Plus before using the Website.
Facebook Social Plugin: This Website may use the Facebook Social Plugin marked with the Facebook logo or with the words "Facebook Social Plugin". These are operated by Facebook, Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA.
- If you visit one of our websites, which contains such a plugin, your internet browser connects directly to the servers of Facebook. The content of the plugin is transferred directly to your browser and is integrated to the Website.
- By integrating the plugin, Facebook receives the information that a corresponding website of ours has been viewed. If you are logged into Facebook, Facebook can assign your visit to your account. If you interact with the plugins, for example you confirm the "Like" button or make a comment, the corresponding information from your browser is sent directly to Facebook and saved there as well.
- To find out the purpose and extent of the collection of data, the further processing and usage of your data by Facebook as well as your rights and possible settings in this regard to protect your privacy please consider the privacy statement of Facebook.
- Mobile Devices: We may collect information such as your unique device ID and your location information (with your consent) if you use a mobile device to access this Website.
- Message Boards: We may make message boards, blogs, and other such user-generated content facilities available to users of this Website and registered users can provide content for and participate in these facilities. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should always be careful when deciding to disclose your personal information. We are not responsible for privacy practices of other users including website operators to whom you provide information.
- Minors: We do not knowingly collect, maintain or use personal information from children under 13 years of age, and no part of this Website is directed to children under the age of 13. If you are under 18 years of age, we may ask you to get your parent or guardian’s consent before you provide us with your personal information. We may also need to verify that consent by contacting your parent/guardian using his/her email address or other details that you provide for that purpose.
- Information Provided on Someone Else’s Behalf: If you provide us with information about someone else, please ensure you have the person’s permission to do so and they have confirmed that they have read and understand the terms of this Privacy Notice.
- Anonymized Information: We may collect and use anonymized aggregate information about the use of this Website for informational or business purposes.
How Do We Use and Disclose Your Information
The information we collect from you helps us to identify ways that we can continue to serve you in the best way possible and provide you with personalized products and services that suit your lifestyle. Once collected for this purpose your information may be used or disclosed as follows:
- Internally: To other MGVC-related businesses (our "Affiliates") for the uses described in this Privacy Notice.
- Marketing: We may contact you, subject to your prior consent, with information about products or services offered by MGVC or a third party that may be of interest to you.
- MGVC Products and Services: or contact us at if you do not wish to receive further direct marketing from us about MGVC products or services. You can opt-out in this way at any time.
- Third Party Products and Services: Unless we have your express consent, we will not disclose your information to any third parties for their marketing or mailing purposes.
Notice to California Residents: If you are a resident of California, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 allows you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. With respect to these entities, this Notice applies only to their activities within the State of California. To make such a request, please contact us at MGVCprivacy@wyn.com.
Notice to Connecticut Residents (Effective October 1, 2008): CONFIDENTIALITY OF SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS: MGVC may collect and use your Social Security number for purposes permitted or required by law, which may include but not be limited to identification, checking your credit (with your consent), tax reporting, and other purposes described in our applicable privacy policies. We endeavor to protect your Social Security number using physical, electronic or procedural security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in our control. These measures include safeguards to protect your Social Security number against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use and modification. Although "guaranteed security" does not exist either on or off the Internet, we make commercially reasonable efforts to make the collection and security of such information consistent with our privacy policies and all applicable laws and regulations. Access to your Social Security number is restricted to those MGVC (including its affiliates) employees, agents and third party service providers who need such access to do their jobs and to fulfill the purposes for which the Social Security number was collected.
- Vendors and Service Providers: We may disclose your information to vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of this Website and its content or the products and services referred to on this Website or in connection with any other aspects of our business such as travel services companies, financial services companies, property owners’ associations, vacation insurance companies or any other business where such disclosure is deemed to be necessary.
- Merger or Acquisition: A third party who acquires any part of MGVC itself or any of its Affiliates, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets.
- Disclosure Permitted by Law: Law enforcement authorities, government agencies, regulators, tax advisers, legal advisers, accountants, financial advisers and/or to any other person having appropriate legal authority or justification for receipt of your information, if we have a good faith belief that we are required or permitted to do so by law or legal process, to respond to claims, or to protect the rights, property or safety of MGVC or others.
- International Transfers: We are an international company and we may, subject to applicable law, transfer your information, to our Affiliates or selected third parties outside your resident jurisdiction where information protection standards may differ. For example, your information may be stored on servers located in other jurisdictions. We will take steps to help protect your information when it is transferred.
How Do We Safeguard Your Information?
- Security of Your Information: We will take reasonable steps to protect the information you provide us from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to help safeguard and secure your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. As the internet is not 100% secure, we cannot ensure the security of information that you provide to us via the internet through this Website.
- Links to Other Websites: This Website may have links to other websites that are not operated by us and therefore, we have no control over how these websites may collect your information. You should read the privacy notices on those other websites before you submit your information through them.
- Changes to Our Privacy Notice: From time to time we may revise this Notice and/or use PII for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in this Notice to meet changes in the regulatory or business environment, or to satisfy the needs of our customers and service providers. Updated and date stamped versions will be posted on this Website.
- Your Acceptance of Our Privacy Notice: By using this Website, we understand that you accept the terms of this Privacy Notice and the ways we may use your information. If you do not accept the terms of this Notice, please do not continue to use this Website.
Contact Us with Your Questions
Access to Information We Hold about You: If you would like to access, obtain copies, update or correct any of the information we hold about you or if you require further information from us about how we use your information please contact us at . In some jurisdictions, you may be charged a reasonable fee for access to your information.
If after reviewing this Notice, you have any questions or privacy concerns please send an email to or send a letter to:
Margaritaville Vacation Club by Wyndham, Inc.
6277 Sea Harbor Drive
Orlando, Florida 32821
Attn: Legal Services/Privacy
Effective Date: October 7, 2013
Last Updated Date: October 7, 2013